Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday

Christmas Shopping for Girls

Last year the number one requested item by our daughter was a Hannah Montana wig. By Christmas afternoon the wig was matted and frizzed beyond repair but our little rock star was bopping her way around the house in sheer delight. Hannah Montana is still a favorite of my daughter, but the real life actress Miley Cyrus has fallen from my graces as someone I want my daughter role-playing.

This year shopping for a nine year-old in an environment where little girls are bombarded with siren calls to dress, play, and act like adults is a challenge but not impossible. If you have a young daughter you know exactly what I mean--adult style clothing, dolls that look like prostitutes, and music that is still adult even if a child is singing it.

This morning I hopped online to my favorite girl site-- Americangirl.com. Today's Black Monday sales include free shipping on all orders plus an additional 10% off sale items. I was thrilled to pick up both the Molly and Samantha Mystery Party games. Similar to a dinner theatre, it is made for girls and perfect for birthday parties or any get together. At $4.50 each it was a bargain I could not pass up.

Another great item was the American Girl Mystery Puzzle. This is actually four 300 hundred piece puzzles that have glow-in the dark clues to solve a mystery.

If you have little girls, the Mini Magnetic doll sets at $5 are a steal. Perfect for Christmas but don't rule out putting up for birthday presents too. These make great travel games.

American Girl dvds have free shipping today too--including the new Kit Kittridge movie. Family friendly, all AG movies have a good plot that everyone can enjoy. My boys liked the Kit Kittridge movie which deals with a family facing the challenges of the Great Depression.

American Girl products can be pricey so sales like this are worth taking advantage of for Christmas and future presents. If you are looking for dolls that will inspire play and learning you may want to look at the doll and book sets. Dress-up is never so much fun as when girls and dolls can dress alike--American Girl has this done this right. Clothing is age appropriate for dolls and girls.

Going on and on like this about girl gifts would lead one to think I do not have three boys. My two younger boys are easy to buy for--they want the same of everything they see. My teen is another story all together. Toys for a 15 year-old are costly to say the least. American Eagle Outfitters has free shipping on all orders today with some great sales on sunglasses, necklaces, hats, jeans, and shirts.

What are your favorite Black Friday sales sites? Pass them along--I'd love to hear about them and of course take advantage of more sales tonight!

1 comment:

Molly said...

We've been shopping at Vision Forum. They have sales from 20% to 50% off with $5 flat shipping rate through December 5th. They have a line similar to American Girl dolls, but of course my boys love all their Chivalrous Boyhood items, such as army clothing, replica swords, and the like.
There's a link on my blog...if you use it, I'll get a small commission :-) There's also a list of other places I'm getting bargains this week.
http://counterculturalschool.blogspot.com

thanks, Kellie! Happy Shopping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
wise_woman_house_button_phixr
 

Oasis | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates