Thursday, February 12, 2009

Facebook Friends

Facebook Friends

Last week I joined the addiction--Facebook. What a hoot it has been re-connecting with friends from high school, childhood church friends, and family. People who I would never see or talk with because of time and distance are now part of my daily life once again.

I know when friends are cooking supper, enjoying the great outdoors, cleaning house, and surfing the net. Of course they also know what I'm doing when I make a post. Facebook reminds me of growing up in my hometown where everyone knew what everyone else was doing. After 20 years in the big city it is nice to enjoy that feeling once again with old friends.

My friend Michelle told me about finding a couple her parents were friends with sixty years ago on Facebook. Her father was in the army, stationed in the Panama Canal when they became friends with another young couple. Over time they lost touch. Now, sixty years later Michelle has put her mom in contact with dear friends.

Mentoring Moments for Christian Women has a new Facebook group too! If you have a Facebook account join our group. I'm still learning the ins and outs of what a group is suppose to do. From what I can tell we will be able to alert our group members of web and blog updates and have ongoing discussions. What I find the most fun is putting faces with names.

If you have a Facebook page let's be friends!



All I can now say is move over Myspace.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
wise_woman_house_button_phixr
 

Oasis | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates